A battle for the future of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is gearing up in the Senate this week.
As we recently noted, a vote to confirm Richard Cordray as the Director of the CFPB is likely to happen this week. Senator Kirk has blocked Cordray in the past, and we need to let him know that voting against Cordray is voting against Illinois consumers.
How can you make your voice heard on Director Cordray’s confirmation?
1. Call Senator Kirk’s office at 202-224-2854 and press 3 to talk to a staff member. Let them know that:
- Richard Cordray has demonstrated his dedication to working for consumers
- Bipartisan legislators, industry representatives, and consumer advocates agree that Cordray has done an excellent job leading the CFPB
- Senator Kirk should stand with Illinois consumers and vote to confirm Richard Cordray
2. If his staff indicates how Senator Kirk will vote, please make a note and let Courtney Eccles know what they say at 312-368-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Sign on to our letter by the end of today to ask Sen. Kirk to confirm Cordray