About the position:
The research associate reports to the Vice President for Research, and is responsible for technical assistance requests, data management, and assisting the Vice President for Research in the drafting of reports. The research associate works closely with the Vice President for Research in producing the organization’s research reports and develops and disseminates data for the Institute’s online Data Portal and interactive mapping tool. This is a full-time position located in Chicago with competitive salary and generous benefits, including an employer contribution to retirement account after first year.
- Data acquisition, cleaning, dissemination, and visualization
- Work with Vice President for Research to draft reports and fact sheets
- Produce statistics and visualizations for online Data Portal and Mapping Tool
- Build and strengthen relationships with community organizations and coalition partners
- Assist communications staff by occasionally writing blogs and contributing to Woodstock’s social media presence
- Write grant proposals and reports
- Perform various mapping analyses to assist in dissemination of research findings
Bachelor's degree in geography, economics, urban planning, or related field, and at least two years’ experience in research, GIS, data analysis, and public presentations. Master’s degree and/or web design and coding skills are a major plus.
Familiarity with financial justice issues, including high-cost lending, access to credit, and asset building. Strong commitment to economic and social justice issues, as evidenced by previous professional or personal work.
Excellent written and spoken English language communications skills required; Spanish language ability is a plus.
Self-motivation, initiative, and leadership, ability to work independently and effectively with people at all levels and in an organized manner in a fast-paced environment.
Must be able to occasionally travel and attend work-related events outside regular work hours in evenings and on weekends.
Woodstock Institute is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and protected classes to apply.
How to apply:
By July 22, 2016, send cover letter, resume, two references and contact information, and salary history to Patricia Woods-Hessing, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.